Wednesday, 16 March 2011

December 16, 2010…

December 16, 2010 is Reconciliation Day in South Africa. I was off from work this public holiday and this meant i would have time to spend quality time with Ndashe. Ndashe, my gorgeous two year old son throws tantrums like most two year olds I have encountered but what sets him apart is his sweetness. He is very playful like any child should be and I get some what defensive when others mistaken this for naughtiness. What does naughty mean exactly? Ndashe, my intelligent little conqueror was on the waiting list for a year at The Willows, the best Montessori nursery school in South Africa. When I received the great news last year October that he got entry in 2011 I was over the moon and immediately I asked Claire, the daughter of the owner of the nursery school to help us look for a garden flat in the area so that we could be walking distance away. This meant that since he was born he would have a back garden of his own to play in, he would not be at nursery school for ten hours a day because I was slaving like a dog in the office instead he would spend five hours at school, he would be picked up by his nanny, he would eat a nutritious lunch, he would nap for two to three hours, he would wake up and eat a healthy snack and the nanny would read to him until I got home to cook supper, eat with him, play, put him in his pajamas, read him bedtime stories and so on. Beginning of November last year I got a phone call that made this wonderful set up a reality. One of the parents at the school came across Claire post on the notice board and here we are living in their spacious garden duplex flat which not only met our immediate requests but also has a beautiful huge garden with a river flowing in the outskirts and a swimming pool open to all residents. Ask and you receive. So knowing my demanding job we spent December 16, 2010 moving into our new home. Moving from where Ndashe was familiar since he was born for two and a half years! On the third floor, quiet corner, mulberry trees in our window view,  four roomed wooden floored flat – cozy, comfortable and enough for the two of us in a neighbourhood filled lavender trees. Instead we are now in a bigger place and Ndashe finally has his own bedroom though he still prefers and is happy to sleep with his mama, that’s me! Fine by me for now besides I still have to buy him a bed. Today Sunday 13 March 2011 I have completed a two day Blessing Empowerment of Je Tsogkhapa, through his experience I learnt about how to build the foundation of a spiritual path and how to complete it. By receiving Je Tsogkhapa’s blessings, relying upon him, and engaging in meditations that focus on him I can develop and perfect his great qualities – compassion, wisdom and destroyer of the host of the maras. On my spiritual journey I am learning about Kadampa Buddhism and through practicing Dharma teachings I am in preparation for enlightenment. After enlightenment I hope to be an awakened one. I received three special gifts from three teachers during the two day Blessing Empowerment – one - words of wisdom which have changed my outlook on life and made me discover methods to apply in order for me to live a meaningful life, two – Heart Jewel, a prayer book to encourage me to prayer everyday because nothing is more powerful than prayer and, three – a blossoming gold tea candle holder to remind me that I am like a flower and with special care I can blossom and radiate light like the tea candle. There is something special about receiving unexpectedly, my heart where Je Tsogkhapa seats was so thankful and pleased by these meaningful three gifts. They are now exquisitely arranged on the shrine in Ndashe’s bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment